Friday, April 12, 2013

Yarn And Sangria

I'm a bit late in posting this, but Tuesday I went to my LYS and basically stayed there for 4 hours.  At first it was just the owner and I, then a visiting Grandma joined us, then a teacher, then a dude.  This yarn store is teeny tiny, so we were pretty much at full capacity (with enough room to spread out appropriately) with five people at the table, and these people were interesting characters.  It was a fun time for an unemployed, bored wife.  At 4:00 they declared "It's 5:00 somewhere!" and broke out the sangria.  How could I refuse?  These people are right up my alley!

I started on the "eight hour" baby blanket (quotes definitely necessary - I got maybe 1/8th of it done in 4 hours!).  I made a few mistakes - I'm not used to knitting and talking/drinking, I guess.  My friend used to come over and we would knit, watch tv, eat & drink, but it's been quite a while -- I need more practice.  I'm looking forward to spending more afternoons at the store, as well as enjoying more sangria.  Cheers!   Below is the baby blanket I'm working on...


No comments: