Sunday, October 19, 2008

Knitting prezzies and enjoyable lunches

Now that I have this new hobby it makes it pretty easy for my hubby/friends/parents come present giving occasion. Sweet! I got a great needle holder from one of my friends for my birthday, and a great Vogue knitting book from another friend. I love them both so much! They both make me smile when I look a them. My hubby got me a gift certificate at a knitting shop in Manhattan that I need to go use at some point, too! Sweet. Fancy yarns.

My coworker/knitting buddy Elizabeth gave me a present out of the blue. Let me give a little background first. We both were going to what I called the 'lower end' yarn/fabric place to check it out. As soon as we walked in, I was a goner! Love that yarn. Great stuff to choose from and so much cheaper than the little shops. Elizabeth was laughing at me as I kept asking her, "How much do you think it would take to make a scarf in this yarn? What about a hat and scarf?". At one point she asked me how much I had in my basket. I just looked at her and blinked. I had no idea. I was in the zone, baby!

Fast forward to last week when Elizabeth told me she had something for me. She stopped by my cube to give me something I'll carry around with me from now on. It's is a tri-fold laminated sheet that includes various garments and how much yarn is needed to make it. It's awesome! Thanks again, Elizabeth!

Getting presents out of the blue is great. The only thing better is when they're related to knitting.

Keep on knittin'!

No comments: