Saturday, October 4, 2008

Yarn, Yarn, Yarn

When I first joined ravelry I noticed people talking about their 'stash'. My coworker told me about hers (and she has one in the office as well as her home!). I got the fever, and immediately placed an order for some cotton, and some other yarns I thought looked cute online. The good news was I had started creating my very own stash. The bad news was I really didn't buy enough of each kind to make anything more than maybe a hat or baby booties or the like...and I don't know how to make hats or baby booties.

I just hadn't learned how to tell how much yarn it was going to take to make something that I actually wanted to makie. And I'm still learning that one. Very slowly.

I'm an impatient person. No doubt about it. I want to know how to do all the stitches now! Shouldn't the yarn come with some sort of magic that guides you while you're working with it? Wouldn't that be awesome? I get for now I'll just have to be content with knitting, perling, and fondling the yarn.

Keep on knittin'!

2 comments:

Elizzabetty said...

I was thinking about this yesterday after our little "field trip" and realized that you need this:

http://www.interweave.com/knit/books/yarn_requirements.asp

You should carry it with you whenever you go yarn shopping to help you estimate how much yarn you need for different items.

Neeners said...

Elizabeth! You are such a dealer... hahaha! What would I do without you??