Friday, September 19, 2008

Promises, Promises

The other day on the bus on the way home, the bus driver shouted back to me:

"Are you making a baby blanket for my baby boy?"

Keep in mind, I was knitting the green scarf at the time. I replied:

"No...but I could make him a scarf!"

"A scarf?! He's six weeks old!" he exclaimed.

"Well... maybe when he's older I can make him one." I bargained.

I am not promising blankets to anyone else. If I ever make another blanket it will be using very large needles and chunky yarn! Oi! Sooooo slow! Although the other day in knitting group I got about 8 rows done, which is pretty good when you figure each row is 132 stitches. But still... it feels like it's taking forever.

I have about five more scarves to get done by Christmas, which won't be bad at all, actually. As long as I don't promise any more blankets. Eek.

Keep on knittin'!

No comments: